How is it possible I never heard of Wolfgang Streeck before his book Gekaufte Zeit: Die vertagte Krise des demokratischen Kapitalismus was translated in Dutch? This book was translated in English under the title Buying Time: The Delayed Crisis of Democratic Capitalism. What a clear view on modern society and the connection (and contradiction) politics - economy or democracy - economy.
Amazingly, Wolfgang Streeck is only known in the German version of wikipedia, notwithstanding the fact that he taught as a professor in the USA in the period 1988-1995 at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Wolfgang Streeck in the New Left Review:
- The Crises of Democratic Capitalism (New Left Review 71, September-October 2011)
- Markets and Peoples (New Left Review 73, January-February 2012)
- Citizens as Customers (New Left Review 76, July-August 2012)
- How Will Capitalism End? (New Left Review 87, May-June 2014)
- The Politics of Exit (New Left Review 88, July-August 2014)
Has Capitalism Seen its Day? A lecture by Professor Wolfgang Streeck at the British Academy: